24 August 2012

mixtape for moving


To make moving house a more joyful experience, I decided to make a playlist to listen to as I packed and unpacked.  I thought I would share it with you here - perhaps you might enjoy the songs as they are or use them if you move home.  Enjoy!

1. Little Boxes - Walk Off The Earth
2. Pencil Full Of Lead - Paolo Nutini
3. Feels Like Home - Newton Faulkner
4. Middle of the Bed - Lucy Rose
5. Books From Boxes - Maximo Park
6. Drive - Incubus
7. My Doorbell - The White Stripes
8. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
9. Walk This Way - Aerosmith
10. Home - Gabrielle Aplin
11. Cardboard Boxes - Loudon Wainwright III
12. Comin' Home - City and Colour
13. Grey Room - Damien Rice
14. To Build A Home - The Cinematic Orchestra

1 comment:

  1. Good list of indie bands, glad to see we appreciate some of the same artists. ("Little Boxes" is great! Rom 12.2)

    Usually when I move it involves a long road trip in a huge moving van so my play list would have to include not just packing songs but songs that emphasis the travel involved/ new destination:

    1. Bob Dylan: Rolling Stone
    2. Burlap to Cashmere (you might like these guys if you haven't discovered them all ready): Other Country & Orchestrated Love Song
    3. Andrea Bocelli: Con Te Partiro (sappy, yes, but permissible when leaving a place you have loved)
    4. Willie Nelson: On the Road Again (Not into country music, but this is classic as your driving along)
    5. Lynyrd Skynyrd: Free Bird
    6. Foo Fighters: Walk

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I was born and grew up in the city of Wolverhampton where I went to school and studied A-Levels. I lived in Walsall for the two years of my life before coming to university in Nottingham where I now live. I graduated in Summer 2012 with a degree in Theology, and currently study an MA in Systematic & Philosophical Theology. I enjoy contemporary dance, travelling, literature, live music, being a connoisseur of hot beverages and liberating the oppressed. I have written for 'The Mic' magazine and held the position of Editor for the Women's Network magazine, 'Artemis'. I wouldn't be anything without my God, the beautiful author of life. Any feedback on my blogs is much appreciated.