9 May 2013

My 'Desert Island Discs' top 10...

Okay I tried.

There was no way I was getting it down to 10!

My list began with about 50 and I had to slash them off violently with a pen in great pain and difficulty.
Ideally I'd take my iPod, but 80GB worth of music is kinda cheating I suppose...
(not that I haven't cheated already - oops...)

So without further delay, in no particular order:


  1. The Smiths - ‘The Smiths’
  2. Damien Rice - 9
  3. Foals - Total Life Forever
  4. Aradhna - Satsang
  5. Blink 182 - Greatest Hits
  6. Lucy Rose - Like I Used To
  7. Bon Iver - For Emma Forever Ago
  8. Dir En Grey - The Marrow of a Bone
  9. Philip Glass - Violin Concerto 2nd Movement
  10. Tom Waits - Alice
  11. Tom Waits - Closing Time
  12. Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim
  13. The Rend Collective Experiment - Homemade Worship by Handmade People
  14. José González - Veneer
  15. Rat Pack Compilation
  16. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
  17. Gomez - How We Operate
  18. Passion Pit - Chunk of Change EP
  19. Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant EP
  20. The Swell Season - Once
  21. The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
  22. Vivaldi - The Four Seasons
  23. Daughter - If You Leave
  24. The Head and The Heart - self-titled
  25. The Maccabees - Wall Of Arms



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was born and grew up in the city of Wolverhampton where I went to school and studied A-Levels. I lived in Walsall for the two years of my life before coming to university in Nottingham where I now live. I graduated in Summer 2012 with a degree in Theology, and currently study an MA in Systematic & Philosophical Theology. I enjoy contemporary dance, travelling, literature, live music, being a connoisseur of hot beverages and liberating the oppressed. I have written for 'The Mic' magazine and held the position of Editor for the Women's Network magazine, 'Artemis'. I wouldn't be anything without my God, the beautiful author of life. Any feedback on my blogs is much appreciated.