11 May 2013

Unplayed piano...

Mike is a great guy I met here in Nottingham who is based in Hopkinson's near Nottingham Train Station.  He restores furniture and does so fantastically!  His creativity is astounding and his ambition is enviable, his projects bringing life to old pieces in a truly artistic way.

Last year he stumbled upon an old piano at an auction...


My friend Imogen and I went over to have a tinkle on the keys and decided that it wasn't too out of tune.  Mike quickly got to work putting his hand to this bizarre project; he confessed he knew nothing about piano's but wanted to give it a try and see what he could come up with.

- Photograph by Jon Brown -

Pictured above is Elijah-Jack, the 3rd child of my God-parents Joshua & Irdi.
Mike completely restored the piano and finished it with matt black paint that gave it a real sophisticated look.  I felt some strange emotional connection to this particular project so I hooked him up with my God-parents who I knew would take great care of it.

Irdi plays piano beautifully, and their son Ransom aged 6 is taking lessons.
Elijah-Jack will be writing sonatas by the time he reaches 6 I'm sure...
This wonderfully restored piece fills the home with joy and beautiful music.
Made with love, played with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was born and grew up in the city of Wolverhampton where I went to school and studied A-Levels. I lived in Walsall for the two years of my life before coming to university in Nottingham where I now live. I graduated in Summer 2012 with a degree in Theology, and currently study an MA in Systematic & Philosophical Theology. I enjoy contemporary dance, travelling, literature, live music, being a connoisseur of hot beverages and liberating the oppressed. I have written for 'The Mic' magazine and held the position of Editor for the Women's Network magazine, 'Artemis'. I wouldn't be anything without my God, the beautiful author of life. Any feedback on my blogs is much appreciated.